The growing economy and the spread of globalisation have sparked an increased interest in passports and related services in recent years.This growing demand for passports and related services is coming from both large cities and small towns, necessitating greater scope and accessibility. In May 2010, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) launched the Passport Seva Project (PSP) to increase and enhance the delivery of identity administrations to Indian citizens.
PASSPORT TYPES ISSUED IN INDIA
Ordinary passports (Dark blue cover) :
These are issued to ordinary people. These passports are for general use, allowing people to travel for purposes such as research, business trips, and vacations.
Official/Diplomatic passport (white cover):
Official or diplomatic passports are given to people who are travelling to another country on official business.
We are an Indian private passport registration agency. New passport registrations, as well as passport renewals and reissues, are handled via our website.
The following is a brief description of the passport application process:
1) Applicants interested in obtaining a passport can go to www.travelsahayata.com. The applicant must then select the ‘Apply for New Passport/ Passport Reissue' connection.
2) The application form will be shown on the screen. The applicant must include and send the information requested in the form.
3) To schedule an appointment, the applicant must go to the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications' tab and click the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment' link.
4) After making the payment and scheduling the meeting, the applicant can click on the ‘Print Application Form' connection and print the application receipt, which will include the Application Reference Number (ARN).
5) The applicant must then appear with the original documentation at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO) on the scheduled appointment date.